Malaysian Cube Championship 2017
1) Team of 3 relay solve with 3 events (each team member does 1 event)
2) Limited to 16 teams only
3) 1v1 Team Knockout Format
4) Day One (Best of 1)
- Round 1 : Teams 1-8 (4 teams advance)
- Round 2 : Teams 9-16 (4 teams advance)
- Round 3 (Quarterfinal) : Top 8 from previous rounds (top 4 advance to semifinal)
5) Day Two (Mean of 3)
- Semifinal : (Team A vs Team B) and (Team C vs Team D)
- 3rd Place Match : Semifinal losers
- Final : Semifinal winners
6) Rakyat Relay will be done after all events on Day 1 and before 3x3 finals on Day 2.
7) Teams sign up via google form (listed above) latest by 20th of December
8) Top 3 teams will each receive certificates, medals and a “mystery prize” sponsored by Ivan Lew
9) Teams are required to pay RM5 (on the spot payment at MCC17)
GROUPINGS - FREE CHOICE
1) Cubers can form their team of 3 with ANY other Malaysian, create team name.
2) To make things fair, having more than one CURRENT NR/CR holder in a team is NOT ALLOWED.
eg. Hariz, Ainesh and William can’t form a team, but Manfred, Eason and Darren can
3) All team members must already be registered for Malaysia Cube Championship 2017.
1) From a pool of 9 events, 2x2, 3x3, 4x4, 5x5, Pyraminx, Skewb, OH, Square-1 and Megaminx.
2) Separated into 3 tiers : Easy, Medium and Hard
3) Tier 1: 2x2 / Pyraminx / Skewb Tier 2: 3x3 / Square-1 / OH Tier 3: 4x4 / 5x5 / Megaminx
4) For ALL DAY 1 matches, Yi Jun will randomly select (from a bag) 1 event from each tier, every team in that round will stick to the 3 selected events, selection will be done a few days prior to comp on FB live.
For example, Yi Jun will pick Round 1 : pyra/3x3/mega , Round 2 events will be selected out of remaining 6 events eg. 2x2/OH/4x4 , hence Quarterfinal events will be the remaining 3 events (skewb/SQ1/5x5)
5) For DAY 2, event selection will be done on the spot when teams go head to head. After selecting events, teams will have 2 minutes to strategize and submit their puzzles.
a) Similar to Day 1, the first 3 picks will be for Team A/B, second 3 picks for Team C/D, the remaining 3 events automatically go to the 3rd place match.
b) For Finals, all 9 events will be covered (3 in each attempt of the mo3), the 3 events will be picked before each attempt.
4. SOLVING FORMAT
1) Participants should have their puzzles ready for submission.
2) All 3 puzzles are scrambled & placed while covered according to team order preference.
3) Only the 1st cuber in the relay is entitled to standard WCA inspection time, and solves as per usual, however he/she does NOT need to stop the timer.
4) Instead, the 1st cuber must tag both hands of the 2nd cuber in order for the 2nd cuber to remove his/her cover and begin solving.
5) The same goes between the 2nd and 3rd cuber except that the 3rd cuber stops the timer.
6) Standard WCA +2 penalties are applied (if any), the time is recorded by the judge, leader checks time and signs.
7) Extra +2 penalties : forgetting to tag both hands